Asthma is a situation wherein your airways narrow and swell and might produce more mucus. This could make respiratory tough and cause coughing, a whistling sound (wheezing) while you breathe out and shortness of breath.
Winter is the time of the year when the sun takes after the sizzling summer time season and as soon as the monsoon subsides, the cool breeze, desirable climate frequently get us influenced for lots outside sports with minimum sweat. However, this season may be terrifying for bronchial allergies patients. Due to the drop in temperature, human beings with bronchial allergies go through the maximum as this may cause extreme bronchial allergies attacks.
Asthma signs and symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath.
- Chest tightness or pain.
- Wheezing when exhaling, which is a common sign of asthma in children.
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing.
- Coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus, such as a cold or the flu
When to worry?
- Difficulty in sleeping and coughing during sleep.
- Weakness during exercise.
- Coughing after exercise.
- Need to use an inhaler more often.
- People suffering from asthma should also take necessary precautions to safeguard themselves, similar to other people with co-morbidities like heart problems, diabetes, lung issues, etc.
- Precautionary methods:
- Continue to take Inhaler regularly.
- Wash your hands.
- Use masks.
- Keep your house dust-free.
- Quit smoking.
- Wear warm clothes outside.
If your asthma symptoms get worse. Contact Dr. Chaitanya cahalla right away if your medication doesn’t seem to ease your symptoms or if you need to use your quick-relief inhaler more often.